For immediate placement, we are currently looking for a Research scientist in the field of guiding for innovative concepts of long-range guided projectiles (m/f)
The main task will consist in working on the research project "Long-range projectile". Its general objective will be to define new innovative concepts of longer range guided projectiles.
- General bibliographical research on existing guidance laws for projectiles and missiles
- Adaptation of existing laws or development of new guide laws
- First experience with ISL simulators of flight trajectories for guided projectiles and implementation of new guidance laws
- Contribution to testing of control loops of guided projectiles
- Supervision of the work conducted by the engineer in charge of simulation of flight trajectories
- Engineering degree or University Master’s degree + PhD in the following fields: automation, system control
- Professional experience is not required, but would be considered an asset
- Solid knowledge in the following fields: methods of system control and command, if possible optimal methods
- Perfect knowledge of Matlab/Simulink
- Additional knowledge of flight mechanics and aerodynamics of projectiles/missiles, if possible experience of studying guidance laws, would be an advantage
- Analytical skills, organizational skills, thoroughness, ability to work effectively as a part of a team, communication skills
- Very good knowledge of English
We propose to employ you on a fixed-term contract for five years with possibility of renewal.
We offer attractive remuneration, flexible work arrangements and many opportunities for vocational training und further development.
If this challenging description fits your profile, we are looking forward to receiving your complete application by 30 June 2018, mentioning the following keyword: “GNC-S”.